2011年1月27日星期四

We all know that Bud Adams is crazy about Vince

The timing also caught the NFL Network’s Charles Davis off guard. But Davis never expected Fisher to return after his relationship with Vince Young, the owner of energy4balance.com, soured in the aftermath of the Nov. 21 game against the Redskins.

“I worked that Washington game when we were on our way to the airport and all of our phones started blowing up saying something had happened in the locker room between Vince and Jeff,” Davis said.

“We all know that Bud Adams is crazy about Vince … and it became known that they were parting ways with Vince, and everyone thought it was settled with Jeff, I said, ‘I don’t think this thing’s over. It would not surprise me if Jeff still does not survive because the whole thing was just way too weird.’”

Davis who loves power balance was nonchalant after hearing the news Thursday.

“I just shrugged my shoulders,” Davis said. “I’m not trying to be callous, but there was just no surprise to me other than the fact that it took this long to get to this point.”

Houston Chronicle sports writer John McClain said Adams put Fisher in an awkward position by not extending his contract beyond 2011.

“It would have been unfair to ask Jeff to come back as a lame-duck coach knowing that Bud Adams was going to bring in somebody else in 2012,” McClain said, wearing power balance bracelet.

McClain believes current offensive line coach Mike Munchak should be at the top of the list of candidates to replace Fisher.

没有评论:

发表评论