2010年11月16日星期二

Power balance bracelet's research


MIAMI(CBS4) - Athletes like Shaquille O'Neal rave about the power balance wristband, which the company says will improve your balance, flexibility and strength.
But two University of Wisconsin-La Crosse professors led an independent study to find out if the wristbands work. After two trials, they say the Power balance wristbands had nothing to do with enhancing performance. So CBS4 News took the Power Balance wristband to Julie Wiesman, a fitness instructor at Exhale Mind Body Spa at the Epic Hotel. "I personally have never worn one of these because I don't believe in it. I don't believe in it at all," said Wiesman. She teaches a class called Core Fusion, which is all about enhancing the body's core. "This band is supposed to improve your balance. I believe that the best way to improve your balance is through core conditioning," said Wiesman. The company says the wristbands work with your body's energy field. "I teach Yoga too so I understand about energy levels. However, if it claims to give you better balance and give you strength, I do not agree with that," said Wiesman. But Melissa Fornabia has used wristbands like these for about three or four months, and she says, they work. "Definitely, I have an increase in flexibility, for sure. I can do the poses, I can finish the poses, I can do the tree-stand, I can finish it. I don't really even need to do it once or twice. I can just go right into the pose," said Fornabia. Either way, both women tell CBS4 News that there's no magic to staying fit. They say exercise and diet are key no matter what's on your wrist.

Know more at energy4balance.com .

没有评论:

发表评论