2010年11月24日星期三

Garmin Watch

Welcome to visit online shop. There are many brand 2011 new watches, and the popular power balance.

A short description of how running with a Garmin watch has changed and inspired me as an athlete

Any runner has had that feeling, often called “The Runners High”, where your pace just carries you along the open road, and the miles seem to fly by. At these moments, where your cadence feels consistent and strong, don’t you ever wonder, “How fast am I running RIGHT NOW?”

Two years ago, I made a personal commitment to myself to begin running again. Now, two years later, I have just completed my first marathon. Getting from point A to point B was most definitely supported by my wrist-side piece of hardware.

What is the Garmin Watch?


The Garmin is an athlete’s best friend. As you are running, the watch is connected to satellites that track your distance, speed, location, and altitude along the total time of any run. If you so choose, you can also wear a heart rate monitor that will record your pulse throughout the entirety of the run. All of this is performed in a user friendly fashion. All you need to do is push “Start” and “Stop”.

Training Without a Garmin

When I picked my running habit back up, I never anticipated completing a marathon within two years time. I started simply. I would run 5k at a time, at my own comfortable pace, allowing for walk breaks. As time went on, and my cardiovascular and fitness levels improved, my running became more extensive. I was often able to run beyond my old 5k route, but was never able to track exactly how far. I also noticed that the amount of time it took me to run was significantly decreasing. All of these factors are points of interest for any regular runner.

How the Garmin Changed My Training

Last Christmas, I received the Garmin Forerunner 401x as a gift from my father. To premise, I am not a gadget person, so the watch resembled a mini time machine. The gift was thoughtful, as it facilitated my newest passion, but it just was not for me. I reluctantly strapped on my time machine for my first few post-Christmas runs to humor my father. Little did I know how dramatically it would change my running forever. Immediately following each run, I was able to log online and view the stats for every minute of my course. The online program associated with the watch calculates your average moving speed, your elevation totals, and places your entire course on a virtual map. The technology is mind blowing.

The Motivation Kicks In

One of the best things about the Garmin Watch is its innate ability to challenge you against...yourself. By keeping a digitally historical record of every run you have ever completed, a runner is able to keep track of their personal best times, as well as constantly motivate themselves to maintain running momentum. Having the Garmin watch to record my stats, I entered into a Half Marathon. After successfully completing that, and reviewing my pace, I determined that I was ready for the full thing!

Training for a Marathon with a Garmin Watch

I had a goal in mind, (MUST BEAT 4 HOURS!) I did my research, and calculated the exact average pace that would have to be reached in order to finish successfully. I set my watch to a constant Virtual Partner paced at exact Marathon time to “race me” as I completed each training run. I was also able to mock elevation mapped courses similar to that of my marathon route.

The Garmin was (literally) my right hand man when it came to efficient and exciting training. After 16 weeks of full on training, I strapped on my Garmin watch the morning of the marathon, and carried it through the complete 26.2 grueling miles. Together, we crossed the finish line with a time of 3:52:45! I thoroughly believe I could not have done it without my Garmin.

Along the way, I have met and trained with fellow runners who inevitably develop a sort of “watch envy”. Any serious runner appreciates the means to reflect back on a monumental run with trusting accuracy. The Garmin watches have revolutionized the way in which people are able to plan out and effectively obtain their running goals.

Cheap power balance wholesale online.


没有评论:

发表评论